Thursday, December 21, 2006

2 Weeks Post-OP

Hard to imagine that 2 weeks have passed. Patton had his staples and stitches taken out this afternoon. Amazingly he did this without being sedated. Way to go, Patton! Our regular vet was pleased with how he is healing and wasn't too concerned with Patton fighting the one range of motion exercise. Everything seemed to be going as planned. Our vet also told me that his hip was really a mess when they went in and scoped it. The condition of the joint was pretty bad. From the research that I have done and from what he said, I am surprised that they continued with the surgery. Though I am relieved that they did.

I can tell Patton is doing better by things he is doing around the house. He is his normal mischievous self. Twice today I have caught him with Christmas ornaments in his mouth that he as taken off the tree. He seems to think the soft fabric ornaments are his chew toys. He likes to bring them to me to show me what a good dog he is. (They are now higher on the tree) He is also trying to run after the boys when they walk away from him and he is back to wanting to rough house. All these activities are met with a harsh reprimand and a time out in his crate seems to calm him back down.

I took him on his first short walk. He seemed really happy and wanted to go further but I don't want to push him too hard at first.(plus it is really raw out today and I don't want to be out in it) But hopefully it will wear him out a little and keep him from undecorating the Christmas tree.

No comments: