Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bad dog


Patton being shy?
Originally uploaded by sufras.
Now I know Patton is feeling much better and he about gave me a heart attack in the process. Yesterday as we were getting ready to go on our walk, we went out the front door and I must not have had a good hold on the leash. Patton bolted down the front steps and took off at a full run for about 50 yards until I could convince him to stop. Being a typical puppy, if you go after him he will continue to run away from you....a game. So after a few brief panicked moments, I ran into the house and grabbed the first thing I could get that I thought would bring him in. His pills of all things. He thinks they are treats. Then a car comes by, he is skittish around moving cars and I fear he is about to bolt again. Luckily, he stayed put. As I shake the pill bottle, telling him I have treats, I walk towards him. He finally begins to come towards me. As he takes the treat, I grab the leash. Adventure over hopefully with little damage. He is still not suppose to run. But at least we know he can. Bad dog.

No comments: